Friday, February 11, 2011

Things I Love About This Place

-the sun shines every day
-the Thursday night Bucerías art walk: free tamales, sangría, and if you come early enough, cake. Thursday night is always tamale night. YUM.
-strawberries are sold on a truck that drives up and down the streets
-no import tax on corona. just kidding...what's corona?
-every morning my commute involves walking around a corner and gasping at an amazing view of the bay. It's cliche, but true: every time I see it is like the first time.
-the avacado is always fresh and always cheap
-I get to do a job that empowers women and makes their lives better
-every night I walk on the beach at sunset. It is the best part of my day.
-I have a personal relationship with the owner of my favorite café, and every time I come in he brings me "the usual" without me asking for it
-there is this thing called a chocofresa--frozen strawberries on a stick dipped in chocolate. I am also quite fond of it's cousin, the chocobanana. The perfect 80 cent treat on a hot day
-the mustache is back

No comments:

Post a Comment