Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bienvenidos al CARIBE!

Oh man I love it I love it. I am here and I am well. Saturday night we got here and crashed. I am staying with a family and they are so wonderful, they help me with my Spanish and I am rooming with their 14 year old daughter Melissa (Mellie) and she is HILARIOUS! She is totally prissy and last night we were standing outside and it had rained and some water dripped from a tree onto her hair and she absolutely freaked out. In about 1/2 an hour I am going to her graduacion from primary school. First I have to shower though...the water pipe to their house broke and we painted all day and I'm gross, so they are rigging a hose through the window so I can shower! They have like 5 guys working on it and I told them not to worry about it, but my "Dad" looked me up and down and said, "No Amy, necesitas ducharte." (No Amy, you need to shower--haha) Anyway, the other two interns (Brent and Thomas) and I get along really well, this is going to be an awesome two months! Sunday, our first real day here, we just relaxed and got oriented and went to the beach since they don't work on Sundays anyway. I got royally sunburned despite my 85 SPF...the sun here is brutal. Anyway the hose is working I will write more later-gotta run! Te Amo.

No comments:

Post a Comment